When life gets crazy, sometimes it's hard to focus on ourselves. There is a lot of distraction going on in the world right now and it is a very sensitive and overwhelming time for us all. There is only so much we can control and our mind is one of them. Having a clear and positive headspace will maintain good mental health - which will increase our physical health. Let's talk about some ways to help with that.
1. Meditation. I used to meditate daily and I had stopped for awhile. One of my goals this year was to get back into it and I have been doing it every morning since. A close friend of mine was speaking to me about meditation recently, as she enforces it daily, and she told me that meditation can be done in many different ways. You can sit on the floor with your legs crossed or you can meditate in the shower - it's all about your headspace and clearing your mind. Make it happen. Take five minutes out of your day to relax your mind - it will improve your state of mind and outlook on life. After you meditate, write out your thoughts - grab a journal.
2. Exercise. You will never finish a workout and say "well, that was pointless." Whether you do cardio or strength training, exercise helps with our physical conditioning which has an overall impact on our mood. Even something more calming, like yoga, would be a good alternative. Exercise will help improve your mood and decrease anxiety levels so it is important to add it into our schedules. Every minute counts people.
3. Sleep. It might seem overrated but getting the proper amount of sleep is essential. Adults require as close to eight hours of sleep per night as possible. Getting the right amount of sleep will regulate our mood and help start the day off right.
4. Self care. This can be anything from eating a healthy, balanced diet to skin care routines. Taking care of your body is important. What you eat or don't eat, affects your mood. When our skin breaks out, it affects our mood. Look at what you're eating, see where you can add in more vitamins or greens. Track your calorie intake. Swap out those sweets for a healthier option. Start a daily skincare routine and keep up with it. Stretch before bed. Take care of your body and it will take care of you.
5. Manage your stress. Engage in activities that make you happy and increase your productivity. Spend less time on social media and more time with yourself. Stop comparing yourself. Let go of things that bring you down. Spending your time doing things that are important to you can make you feel good - so make the best use of your time.
6. Give/Volunteer. Looking beyond yourself sometimes can have the best outcome. Focusing on others in certain circumstances is so important right now. Spreading positivity can never hurt - especially with everything going on. Remember, you don't have to give money to give. Give your time. Give your voice.
Be sane and stay sane,